Monthly Reports & Annual Reports are located under 'News'.
Our Constitution and Bylaws can be found here
Love Haida Gwaii Celebrates Business on Haida Gwaii!
A totally free event to celebrate our local business and entrepreneurs
Queen Charlotte Community Hall ~ Sunday, October 26th, 2014
The morning session is for businesses only. The public is invited to the special afternoon celebration / trade show event with prizes, activities, demonstrations and more.
Morning Business event – Starts at 10:00 am (Doors open at 9 am for setup of your business booth)
- Grand launch of the new www.lovehaidagwaii.com website – over 80 businesses have signed up so far. Come see your site on the big screen.
- Connect with fellow island business people – learn from each other at our “speed “dating event
- Free catered lunch for participating businesses hosted by Misty Isles Economic Development Society/Love Haida Gwaii
Afternoon Trade Show / Celebration Event – Doors open for the public from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Free public transportation will be provided to bring people from Old Massett with stops in all communities on the way and from Sandspit
- Businesses will sell their goods and promote their business – cash prize for the best booth (People's Choice)
- Chance for public attending to win door prizes throughout the afternoon
- Best new business idea competition, for businesses that do not already exist on the islands, Prize for best business idea
Event date: Sunday, October 26th, 2014 - See our Celebration Event page on Facebook for more details
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and join us for this exciting day!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Art Lew – Haida Gwaii Community Futures
Laurie Chisholm – Hecate Strait Employment Society
Mary Lou Von Niessen – Misty Isles Economic Development Society
Haida Gwaii Business to Business Website!
Haida Gwaii is about to embark on a number of major infrastructure projects including the Masset Airport and the Queen Charlotte Hospital.
We want the people of Haida Gwaii to benefit from these projects. To ensure this, MIEDS has created the HGB2B Procurement Database. This will be a one stop shop where anyone or any business can contact us and get access to the services and products that they require.
So if you have equipment, land, rooms, technical support services, equipment repair; if you are a labourer, backhoe operator, an engineer, a chef, we want to hear from you! Check out the website and fill in the contact information on the form provided.
Misty Isles Economic Development Society (MIEDS) was established in 2008 following the initialing of the Land Use Plan. An economic development body, representing the communities of Masset, Port Clements, Queen Charlotte, Sandspit, and Area D, became a necessity to enable coordinated efforts between island communities and pursue joint economic development activities.
Economic development accords were signed by the communities and the Haida Nation, and represent shared economic development priorities that provide direction in moving our island communities forward (Economic Development Accord & Economic Development Understanding).
The MIEDS board is currently composed of 5 representatives of the governing bodies of each of the island communities.
In 2009, invitations were extended to the Skidegate Band and Old Masset Village Councils to participate on the MIEDS board. This would result in complete islands-wide representation in the endeavour, as was the original intent. MIEDS is looking forward to working closely with the Haida Nation and the councils of Skidegate and Old Massett toward a more sustainable future.